Roger's Gay Taxi

Confessions of a taxi driver addicted to the 'Doctor', pizza and Cubs baseball in no particular order. Not just for women who can't have orgasms

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Not to titillate

...too much. Just thought I had to mention the fact that the title "Haymaker Heart" (link) makes no sense and is conceivably the gayest, or for those of you that don't understand, Most Gay album title of the past decade.

(But look, you have to contextualize. Here I am meaning "ghey" which is negative, not "gay" which is positive and happy. "Ghey" is commited by either hapless heterosexuals or idiots or assholes, or some combination of the three. "Gay" just happens)

Hats off to SeƱor Pardekooper in his house of extreme gaiety. (Meaning "gheyity")

If you look at the pictures, those are some damn gay hats. Usually, hats are the signs of a lesbian. But in this case, we're in the right ballpark, what with the RUAS and all.

Let me tell you my story:

So, there I am, driving my cab one night, when a skanky looking guy flags me down, downtown, near Splayerz, the bar that used to be a bar before the City Council castrated it and made it into a Post Office or some such thing. Anyway, he didn't look good: I said, "hello, mister, I'm going to need some cash up front..."

We can do that when things get questionable. Which they usually are, on the edge, in the cab.

"You fucking Prick, I'm Dave Zollo! Don't Fuck with Me!" he screamed at me.

"Get out of my cab" I said, and he did.

Ever since then, I've had a thing against his record label. Someone there thinks Greg Brown is actually good, which is the last thing in the world anyone should consider. In fact, the people that think that probably think they're Democrats but voted for GW in the last election because of aneurysims.

Why perpetuate a career based upon mental incompetence and Alzheimers? Better to retire him to play Ronald Mcdonald Houses and orphanages for Hot Asian Women so he can so to speak Be Himself.

Iowa City's "Roots" scene is non-existent and its false creation is as much a fallacy as the version of Christianity perpetrated by the Catholic church.

The only two good bands to ever come out of Iowa City were the Stiff Legged Sheep and Red Throb, and these, my children, were punk.

That is the legacy that Iowa City has to give to its children, not Fake Fucking Bastards Trying to Sell Nostalgic Music with Folk Overtones that only appeal to middle-aged Hawkekye fans.

Youth=Power=Sex=Energy=Punk=Youth. This has nothing to do with you Roots Rock Weirdo Dinosaurs.

Greg Brown Sucks. Pardekooper sucks. Zollo sucks. If you would like to know for how long and for what price and at what suction level just find me in the cab.

P.S. For other bad Iowa City titles see "Redemption" or "Thunder on the Plains".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home